funkydrgonzo
Site Admin
General Introduction

Beitrag von funkydrgonzo » Fr Jul 29, 2016 11:56 am

Section for Introductions..

I'll be the first:

Funkydrgonzo
Located in Switzerland
I have two Aquascooters (AS600 and AS650 CE Supermagnum) and a waterflip and a Aquamat

I've created this forum for talking about technical issues, tutorials et cetera. ;)

bluyvi

Re: General Introduction

Beitrag von bluyvi » Fr Jul 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi All,

Well, as it seems I'm the second person :-)

I'm also located in Switzerland, in beautiful Kanton Zurich.
I have also two Aquascooters and a waterflip sitting at home and waiting for the next holidays to get on a ride.

I'm looking for persons with the same interests, hope that we can share some experiences e.g. where to get replacementparts for the waterflip or ideas how I could pimp my devices

Hec In Omaha

Beitrag von Hec In Omaha » Do Sep 15, 2016 3:35 am

Howdy all! Greetings from the United States! My name is Hector and I live in the state of Nebraska. I own an AS600 that was given to me last month because it did not run for the previous owner. I took it apart and replaced the crankshaft, piston and rings, bearings, seals, exhaust seal, spark plug, fuel lines,rebuilt the carburetor and converted the ignition to electronic ignition. I basically left no part untouched. It runs great now and have ran 3 tanks of fuel through it. I even made a 2.5 mile (4km) trip last week with it with no problems at all!
I am looking forward to meeting other people with aqua scooters. They are very rare around here. They sure attract a lot of attention from on lookers though! :mrgreen:

Hec
If its not broken, then I can't fix it!

funkydrgonzo
Site Admin

Beitrag von funkydrgonzo » Do Sep 15, 2016 8:45 am

heydiho

Hi and welcome
Did you make some pictures while you repaired it?

Would be nice to see a bit from "inside" :-P

Hec In Omaha

Beitrag von Hec In Omaha » Do Sep 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Funkydrgonzo,

Got your pm but could not figure out how to reply to it. Here in the US our parts supplier is http://www.aquascooter.com/default.asp By the way one, of the original owners of Aqua Scooter operates this business located in the state of Arizona. I have spoken to him numerous times ordering parts or getting some technical help. He was very helpful! They sold me a really nice used crankshaft and piston for much less than new! I will post some pictures of the rebuild later today. I will need to convert my pictures to smaller files first. I have a good picture of everything completely disassembled and laid out on a work bench.

Where do you get your parts Aqua Scooters from? I would love to buy a new AS650 magnum, but Aqua Scooter cannot sell new units in the US due to new emission laws created in 2010. I can by a used one but not new directly from Aqua Scooter. Real bummer! I would have to buy new one in another country and ship it home.

Hec & Piper.jpg
Me and my 7 yr old daughter "Piper" having fun!
Hec & Piper.jpg (112.12 KiB) 7764 mal betrachtet
Hec
Zuletzt geändert von Hec In Omaha am Do Sep 15, 2016 3:41 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
If its not broken, then I can't fix it!

funkydrgonzo
Site Admin

Beitrag von funkydrgonzo » Do Sep 15, 2016 3:38 pm

i've replied to the CE650 issue in your new topic hec so we can leave this section for introductions

hippytyre

Beitrag von hippytyre » Sa Nov 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Hello,

Just joined the forum as I have an AS500 on the way.
I'm from Scotland and I plan to use this aquascooter to tow me out to dive sites, I'm a diver.

I know I won't be able to leave it alone so I'm keen to learn about any ways to make it faster!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Chicago_AS600

Beitrag von Chicago_AS600 » Mi Aug 16, 2017 5:14 am

Greetings - just found this fine forum. I'm in Chicago IL USA and boat here on Lake Michigan. A guy on my dock brought a Aquascooter down that he got in high school in the mid-90s a few weeks back. Shortly after I found one on eBay and have since rebuilt the Walbro carb, the starter, changed the plugs, changed the fuel lines, and also had to replace the starter housing. Was tuning it earlier today. Found the tip about the tachometer - just ordered on Amazon. Fun gizmo! Now I just need to figure out how to make it faster! I'm also getting two AS-450s running for a couple older guys on the dock that had them in the 80s. Haven't been run for 30+ years!

Antworten