Hec's second AS600

Post your pictures, videos whatever about your lovely aquascooter
Antworten
Hec In Omaha

Hec's second AS600

Beitrag von Hec In Omaha » Di Sep 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Howdy All,

I just received my second AS600 in the mail today! I purchased it online for $280 US which included the shipping costs. I purchased it from a couple who bought it for their grandchildren to use while visiting their lake home. According to the previous owners, it was only used a few times and put away on a shelf and forgot about. It will become a Christmas Gift for my 7 and 10 year old girls. I have plenty of time to get it running good before next spring. It appears to have good compression. I hope the piston and cylinder are OK. I plan on rebuilding the carb, replacing all seals and bearings, replacing fuel lines and fuel filter, spark plug boot and spark plug, starter rope, and getting a snorkel set. The snorkel set were lost by the previous owner. Darn!

Here is a picture of the AS600 as it looked right after taking out of the box. I will need to start cleaning it up and get to work on it.
As Received 9.20.16a.jpg
Hec's Second AS600
Two AS600's are better than one!

Hec
If its not broken, then I can't fix it!

funkydrgonzo
Site Admin
Re: Hec's second AS600

Beitrag von funkydrgonzo » Mi Sep 21, 2016 9:09 am

i am wondering what's on that sticker written. it looks really in good condition

Hec In Omaha

Beitrag von Hec In Omaha » Mi Sep 21, 2016 11:54 pm

Howdy All,

Today I cleaned the dirt and grime off the AS600. It cleaned up really nice! I hope it ends up running as good as it looks. I compared this one to my old one and noticed a difference in the engine casings. The new one has the 4 tapped holes for the machine screws to hold on the black protection guard. My old one has neither the holes or black protection guard. I always thought my older one was missing the black protection guard, but now I know it never had one.

Here are some pictures. Enjoy!
image.jpeg
AS600 Right Side
image.jpeg
AS600 Left Side
image.jpeg
2 are better than 1!
Hec
Zuletzt geändert von Hec In Omaha am Do Sep 22, 2016 1:12 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

funkydrgonzo
Site Admin

Beitrag von funkydrgonzo » Do Sep 22, 2016 7:35 am

i never noticed differences at the holes.
interesting. what could be the reason, that they have changed that?

i am wondering, if COMER is reading this thread because i have invited them into this forum...

Comer? Are you there? Tell us more about that...

Hec In Omaha

Beitrag von Hec In Omaha » Do Sep 22, 2016 6:47 pm

funkydrgonzo,

I emailed the U.S. Aqua Scooter dealer and asked him why some AS600's have the guard and some do not. This is what he said, "Depends where production was split off and sent to us. Mesh is required for the European market, not U.S."
So either I have a European AS600, or one produced after they made them all the same with guards. They probably made them all the same to streamline production.

Interesting information

Hec

Hec In Omaha

Beitrag von Hec In Omaha » So Feb 19, 2017 7:23 pm

All,

Here is the final product! The AS600 was completely dissembled. I had the engine casings powder coated yellow to match the Cruise Handle and Tank Caps. I added some University of Iowa "Hawkeye" Decals to finish it off. The University of Iowa is where my lovely wife went to college!

Yesterday I fired it up for the first time since the rebuild. The rebuild included all new bearings, seals, gaskets, hoses, spark plug, starter rope, exhaust valve, and spark plug boot. It started very easily. I was surprised how easily it started :mrgreen: I also water tank tested it and it ran perfect submerged in the water! I can't wait till summer!
Hawkeye AS600.JPG
Go Hawkeyes!

Hec :mrgreen:

funkydrgonzo
Site Admin

Beitrag von funkydrgonzo » Mi Mär 08, 2017 5:56 pm

they are lovely hec. you should think about opening a AS museum ;-)

Antworten